When we randomly pray for strangers to find God—are those among the seeds watered? Does that result in souls in heaven? All because we randomly answered a prompt to pray?
Have you ever considered that?
Honestly, I’m not sure I want to know all the whys and hows of it. I prefer the mystery of prayer.
But yet—I can’t help but search for wisdom in the unknown.
Interesting how God-things can be both complex and simple, all at once—with faith being the bridge that connects them.
Want to up your prayer-ministry game?
Try these eight simple tips for adding prayer to a busy of life:
- When reading a book—pray for the author each time you pick it up to read.
- When you see someone walking on the roadside—whisper a prayer for them.
- When you hear sirens—pray for the lives and families of those involved.
- When going for a walk or run—pray for the households of the homes you pass.
- When driving—pray for the people in the cars around you.
- When donating outgrown or unused items—pray for the families who’ll receive them.
- When passing make-shift, roadside memorials—pray for the grieving hearts left behind.
- Pray for your people each month on the day that corresponds with their birthdates. For example, my family’s birthdays fall on the 5th, 8th, 10th and 21st. So, I try to keep each one in prayer throughout his coordinating day. (All 12 months, not just their birth-months.) Of course, we pray for our people always, but this is another simple tool to help us stay mindful.
We’ll never know the true power of our prayers—not this side of eternity, anyway.
And that’s okay, because, while we humans may be a curious bunch, we can’t interpret the mysteries of Timeless God.
And, what a comfort that we don’t need to know—only to trust.
Tell me, friend—do you have any tips to help keep prayer at the center of your days?
<a href="http://brendabradfordottinger.com/chasing-community/"><img src="http://brendabradfordottinger.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Linkup-button.jpg" alt="" width="250" height="250" /></a>
It’s a casual, pony-tail & sandals environment around here, but a few important reminders:
- Please remember to visit and leave some encouragement for other friends who’ve linked-up today — this is the heart of community & your words of support could be just the thing another friend needs to hear today.
- Please only share like-minded words of spiritual encouragement and insight.
- Please grab the #ChasingCommunity button, or link back here underneath your post. (So others can find us and join the fun too!)
- By linking up & leaving your email address you agree to receive #ChasingCommunity updates.